- When directing students towards research it is important topics are easily searchable.
- Some students copy-and-pasted much of their information from the internet. More guidance must be given about evaluating sources, citing sources and insisting informtaion be written in students own words.
- As with any group work, some students contributed more than others. Some students were challenged to manage poorly contributing group members
- Some students sabatoged their peers work, deleting their pages and writing menacing feedback comments. myPortfolio does not have a facility to track the actions of such persons or retreive deleted work which was problematic.
- Students produced high-quality work, refelcting depth in their understanding of key concepts
- Enthusiasm and on-task behaviour was high.
- Two weeks was given for the group work component - less time was actually needed and students work rate slowed down considerably in the second week. 5 - 7 lessons would have been better.
- I think I was more motivated because I knew that if I wanted to do well in the assessment I would have to go out and research in depth and I couldn't just rely on the teacher to give me the information I needed.
- In my opinion people end up getting out what they put in, which seems rather fair to me.
- I think it helped us learn as a group and find the information ourselves. We all had to do something and we helped others in our group understand a certain part of the work. Making our own page was fun and sharing it, helped other people learn from us, as well as learning from them.
- We could add information and images to our pages and also link websites and videos to the page therefore allowing us to use a variety of resources.
- Our group work was in one place and it was easy to find and we could work on it at the same time or from home too.
- It was really cool creating our own pages and puting our findings on it as we could share it with our peers and see what they are learning too.